Friday 29 January 2010

PINK MARTINI

Curious really, just when Martini launch the pink version of their famous beverage, I go and discover this group that's been going for fifteen odd years. This is their web site and you'll find there everything you'll want to know about them.

http://pinkmartini.com/home/
And here's a video of their song "La soledad" (Loneliness). Lovely "Chopin" piano intro, rich tenor voice and a sensually delicious tango rythm that simply seduces your body into swaying to the music, all combine to make listening to it a truly enjoyable experience which I strongly recommend, just as I urge you to listen to "Splendor in the grass"; a simple country tune (reminiscent of "Burning Bridges" from the Kelly's Heroes film) with simple country lyrics, leading in to a slow version of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concierto nº1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZyp2j3Jabg

Lyrics and translation below the video (Thank you youtube.com and MagicBlondGirl). Photos on the left.




Viniste a mi como poesía en la canción
(You came to me like poetry in a song)
Mostrándome un nuevo mundo de pasión
(Showing me a new world of passion)
Amándome sin egoismo y sin razón
(Loving me without selfishness or reason)
Mas sin saber que era el amor
(But not knowing that it was love)
Yo protegi mi corazón
(I shielded my heart)
El sol se fue y yo cantando tu canción
(The sun went off, and I remained singing your song,)
La soledad se aduena de toda emoción
(Loneliness robs me of all emotion)
Perdóname si el miedo robo mi ilusión
(Forgive me if fear took away my yearning)
Viniste a mi no supe amar
(You came to me, I did not know how to love you)
Y solo queda esta canción.
(And all that is left is this song.)

No comments: