Sunday 30 May 2010

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

It's been two long never-ending months since I last posted a song. Illness, I'm afraid, has been the cause. details in http://www.joesblogpage.blogspot.com/
Anyway, it became quite clear while I was in hospital that I was not alone. Family, friends, colleagues, even the hospital staff, all helped me through what could have proved a traumatic experience. I am pleased to say I have recovered from the heart problem I suffered, though I 'm on a rather strict diet at the moment.
This song illustrates the feeling that accompanied me during my ten-day stay in hospital. I particularly like the original Gerry and the Pacemakers version, though countless others have been made. The song is taken, of course, from the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical "Carousel", and both lyrics and music are simply extraordinary. Lioverpool football Club have adopted it as their Hymn and it was particularly, and very emotionally, satisfying to watch the crowd and hear them sing it when they came to Barcelona three years ago. Needless to say, with such support they won.
I chose this particular version from youtube.com because it's gerry's original song with the lyrics superimposed on the Liverpool FC flag, Thank you youtube,com and thank you toga 1989 who posted it. Enjoy.

No comments: