Sunday 3 August 2008

ELTON JOHN

Which song? There are so many. Daniel? Nikita? Candle in the wind? The man's a genius and his music has rocked us and knocked us during the last four decades. Crocodile Rock? Need I go on? Anyway, one of my favourites is this one: "Something about the way you look tonight". Great lyrics, beautiful music, and Elton sounds at his very best. The model, of course, is Kate moss... at HER best. Lyrics below. Enjoy.

Something about the way you look tonight.
Music by Elton John - Lyrics by Bernie Taupin
Available on the album The Big Picture
There was a time, I was everything and nothing all in one. / When you found me, I was feeling like a cloud across the sun. / I need to tell you, how you light up every second of the day. / But in the moonlight, you just shine like a beacon on the bay. /And I can't explain, but it's something about the way you look tonight, takes my breath away. / It's that feeling I get about you, deep inside. /And I can't describe, but it's something about the way you look tonight, takes my breath away. / The way you look tonight. / With a smile, you pull the deepest secrets from my heart. / In all honesty, I'm speechless and I don't know where to start. etc..

No comments: